Swimming pool salt as an alternative to chlorine
Were you aware that there is an alternative to chlorine to keep your swimming pool ship shape and Bristol fashion? Saline electrolysis does away with unpleasant chlorine odours and effectively counteracts bacteria and algae. The result? Optimum swimming comfort! Read on to discover the benefits of swimming pool salt.
Why go for swimming pool salt to keep your swimming pool clean? Easy: it does not have the inconveniences that come with chlorine.
Why use saline electrolysis in your swimming pool?
Appearances can be deceptive. Water that looks immaculately pure and clear is not necessarily one hundred percent clean. It could still contain bacteria. You will need to disinfect the water to stymie algae and bacteria and filter the swimming pool water. Swimming pool salt sees you preserve the quality of the water in two ways:
- Electrolysis: electrolysis is a sound alternative to chlorine. The salt electrolysis device converts salt (NaCl) into chlorine and lye. The benefit of this method is you no longer need chlorine, which automatically means that the characteristic chlorine odour in and around the swimming pool goes away. Moreover, the chlorine created acts to drive down the pH value, which renders resorting to acid virtually superfluous.
- Optimising the salt content: add extra salt to the swimming pool water to keep the water clear, optimise the salt content and inhibit algae growth.
The benefits of swimming pool salt
Using swimming pool salt instead of chlorine delivers greater swimming comfort:
- Swimming pool salt does not give off an unpleasant odour as chlorine does.
- It is much less harsh on hair and skin.
- It does not cause your eyes to sting.
- It not only makes water clear, but soft as well.
Other than that, swimming pool salt does the exact same thing as chlorine in every other sense: it makes sure the water inside your swimming pool is free from bacteria and algae.
POOLSEL®, swimming pool salt
POOLSEL® swimming pool salt is a pure and refined sea salt. Coming with a low sulphate content, it contains no additives or anti-caking agents. Courtesy of the perfect grain size distribution, it swiftly dissolves in the swimming pool water. POOLSEL® complies with the European EN 16401 standard and has a notification number.